Where a person provides any personal data* to Hong Kong Genome Institute (“HKGI“), whether in the context of making a complaint or an enquiry, or an application for participation in HKGI’s projects (including but not limited to the Hong Kong Genome Project (“HKGP“)), promotional activities, visits, research and surveys, or engaging in public consultation, or subscribing to HKGI’s news, events and updates, or in any other context, such personal data may be used for any one or more of the following purposes as may be necessary:
- to consider, respond to, and take follow-up action in respect of complaints, requests and enquiries made to HKGI;
- to consult upon, assess, consider, solicit views on, follow up on and respond to matters relating to HKGI’s functions and operations;
- to assess, consider, follow up and respond to subscriptions to HKGI’s news, events and updates;
- to assess, consider, follow up and respond to applications for visit programmes;
- to plan and conduct public engagement activities, such as educational and promotional activities and consultation;
- to conduct surveys, research and to perform statistical analysis; or
- for any other purpose in line with the objects of HKGI.
Only to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations, HKGI may transfer and/or disclose personal data to third parties which include but are not limited to HKGI’s service providers, professional advisers, partnering centres.
*Personal data means personal data as defined in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486).
If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English and the Chinese versions of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.